Why is responsive website design so important?
Communications are becoming more and more mobile. Smart phones and tablets are rapidly becoming the preferred online search method for many Internet users. While it was once common to have two versions of a website – the desktop version and the mobile version – having one responsive website design is quickly becoming the preferred way to go.
You can’t be all things to all people, but responsive website design lets you come pretty close
A responsive website design is one that is able to adapt in response to the type of device upon which it is viewed. Responsive website design assures that your viewers, no matter what they are using to look at your website, will see exactly what you intended. There are no cut off graphics, no ridiculously small type, and no missing content. If those reasons are not compelling enough, how about the fact that Google prefers mobile friendly websites, like responsive design websites.
Benefits of using responsive web design include:
- Users will find it simpler to share and link to your content
- Google’s algorithms will be able to accurately assign indexing properties to the page
- Less production time is required to maintain multiple, similar pages
- Reduces the possibility of the common development errors
- Requires no redirection for optimized view, reducing load time
- Google only needs to crawl your website once, helping Google to index more of your site’s content and keep it appropriately fresh